1. Determine your target audience
Find out social sites where your target audience segment is active. Establishing this will help in creating targeted messaging for them.
2. Become a member
Join social media sites and be an active participant by following groups and actively sharing useful content to read. Other ways of engaging target audience would include activities such as polling, voting, releasing research reports, etc.
3. Develop content
Developing quality content and sharing it with your target segment is the best way to show authenticity. Sharing of content like best practises, guides, etc., can get people to talk and discuss about it. SEO optimize content so that it caters to readers who use search engines often.
4. Start a Corporate Blog
Thought leadership content can be converted into blogs and shared in social media sites. Blogs are a great way to communicate new releases and updates. It also helps to prove that the company is a leader in its industry segment.
5. Utilize mobile services
Today’s mobile technology enables users to connect to social media networks from anywhere. Provide content sharing options such as SMS and email, which will enable prospects to access your content anywhere, anytime.
6. Track social media performances
Social media marketing needs to be tracked on a regular basis to make sure that the active participants are nurtured at the right time. Metrics vary depending on the site chosen and the content shared in it. Some of the metrics include number of posts, number of responses, number of inbound links and conversion rates.
Some important DO’s of social media marketing are:
- Share valuable and genuine content so that prospects are convinced of the value behind the link.
- Designate teams that exclusively monitor and respond to social media responses.
- Personalize responses, offers, propositions based on industry, professional level of prospects, geographical locations, website activities, time taken to respond, number of responses, etc.
- Provide valuable and genuine responses/solutions since it will viewed, clicked, read and analyzed by a larger set of audience who will judge the company’s brand image based on it.
Click here to read more on - lead management, lead generation, marketing automation solutions