Technology is something that is always moving forward. There are numerous developments taking place in every sphere of technology. Mobiles are the widely used next generation device and its applications include the innovative technological advancement in this field. It is the popular surge of the demand for mobile applications that motivates the technical professionals to strategize the future of mobile application development.
Going by a study conducted by Global Intelligence Alliance recently the top three reasons why enterprises still prefer the native mobile applications are :-
- Being able to set up high quality user interface
- Being able to leverage well known established application store distribution channels
- The requirement to access device hardware
This apart, the top three reasons why businesses go on with certain web technologies in case of mobile application development are:-
- To be able to build high quality user interface
- Cost benefits of offering one interface available on numerous environments
- Having direct control over the distribution having no requirement to have a third party approval
Eminent companies specializing in software product development are today equipped with the apt procedures, tools and other level of expertise and experience to create mobile applications faster and in a cost-efficient manner. Some of their focus areas are as follows:-
- Presence & Social Networking
- Mobile VoIP
- Location-Based Services (LBS)
- Messaging & Syncing
- Mobile Media Streaming
- Mobile Advertisement & Ad Engines
These companies also have the experience and skill for working with Level A enterprises and have been supporting them with valuable product lifecycle management solutions.
Selected mobile application development facilities are as follows:-
- Developing mobile applications in J2ME, BREW, Android, iPhone, Symbian, Windows Mobile and BlackBerry
- Conceptualizing mobile applications and eliciting requirements, for instance UI design, prototype, wireframes, user stories
- Designing, developing and testing applications
- Porting mobile applications between platforms and devices
- Developing server-side and infrastructure, including for location & mapping services
- Integrating third-party components on the server side, for instance SMS/MMS, billing, feeds, ads, content and many others
- Integrating carrier, SMSC and billing systems, for instance LBS platform for location determination
- Coordinating with carriers and device manufacturers for mobile application testing and certification, for instance NSTL, Java Verified
- Launching and distributing mobile applications
- Carrier Catalogs and Storefronts
- Providing maintenance and support services
Click here to read more on - Mainframe services, Application lifecycle management
With successful SaaS applications becoming increasingly popular, many companies are experiencing lower front-end costs and no longer have to struggle with the time associated with implementing and managing licensed software. New technologies especially those that work with “cloud” computing are continuously providing companies with new ways to solve business problems. Software as a Service application, also known on-demand software," does bring significant never-before-offered advantages for organizations looking for new financial, delivery and staffing alternatives related to business systems operations.
The owner of the system provides the IT support and all the hardware to host the enterprise wide application. As a user, your business only needs to have a web browser and an internet connection to use the portion of the application relevant to your business. By implementing a SaaS application development a can enjoy a lot of benefits that include
There is an overall reduction in the operational costs as choosing a SaaS model for your business removes the system licensing fees. Application or usage fees can be calculated on a periodic basis or by the actual amount of processing used. There is a decrease in the costs associated with maintenance charges and licensing fees.
This software is available wherever there is access to the internet. With the implementation not requiring any software installation, it can be used instantly with minimal involvement from IT.
SaaS vendors are responsible for administering new releases as they also manage the entire upgrade process. With automatic upgrades happening, users are ensured of the latest versions of the software product development.
The network comes with support services and disaster recovery, and therefore the time spent on managing the system is significantly reduced. Consequently there is a reduction in the time as well as a decrease in the fees associated with support.
With a SaaS model there is tremendous flexibility to change the number of users on demand as it is also very scalable. In a company that is developing there is the liberty of enhancing the number of users at any time as the software is being delivered as a service.
While SaaS information systems exist among all types of business applications, they have improved overall efficiencies associated with traditional software installation and maintenance. The SaaS model is becoming a very valuable component for today’s businesses, both large and small. Choose an efficient and trusted service provider who has the industry expertise to help your company design, architect and implement enterprise, consumer and carrier-scale cloud products.
Read more on - Advisory services, Application lifecycle management