When driving leads to online web pages, some important best practices must be followed. Here are the top best practices to be followed for lead generation.
Hassle-free Website Navigation
- Keep website layouts simple and straightforward because prospects do not linger on sites that confuse them.
- Project highest benefit your solution offers and keep the content bold and bulleted.
- Use engagement tactics like polling, voting, sharing to gain their attention.
- Do not have multiple links on the website. Provide only one URL where they can register or subscribe to your site or newsletter.
- Categorize content within website searches in order to provide them with recent and updated information on the solution or service.
Clear Call to Action
- Call-to-action buttons help in lead nurturing by taking the prospect interest to the next stage.
- Design new and innovative call-to-action buttons that kindle the curiosity of the prospect.
- Keep CTAs near sign-up forms.
- Place them in a visible position so that the prospect need not search for them.
- Link CTA buttons to website pages so that the prospect is able to view/read information from the home page as well.
- Form-fills help elicit prospect information in a friendly manner.
- Use an auto-responder email once the data has been filled in.
- Confirm the request and ask them to provide more information such as industry domain, prospect title etc.
- Include form-fills in feedback and suggestion forms as well.
- Keep the questions less so that the user does not abandon the form-fill activity.
- Keep form-fills above the screen fold.
- Ask for email address, name and company name – which are vital to establish the identity of the user.
- Vary content for the Submit button. Use buttons with Click here, Know more, Read more or Find out now, etc.
- Use marketing automation software to track leads that have filled information on your web pages to further nurture them.
Also read on - Marketing automation, Lead management